a valued friend, and a neighbor. We will be there for you when you need us most!
1. The tax code is over 74,000 pages long.
2. Since 2001, there have been more than 4,500 changes to the tax code.
3. Taxpayers lose out on millions by not filing returns.
4. More than one-fifth of paper tax returns contain errors.
5. 17% of workers violate the tax code when filing their returns.
6. Americans must work 114 days into the year to afford their tax bills.
7. An estimated 44% of Americans pay no federal income tax.
8. Less than 1% of tax returns get audited.
9. The IRS issues more than 800 types of tax forms and schedules each year.